Monday, August 15, 2011

I have had 5 back surgeries - By Chris

Area of Difficulty: Low Back

Describe patient's problem: Failed back surgery. I have had 5 back surgeries in the last 10 years. The most recent being a BAK fusion 6 years ago. I have never felt 100% and have not been able to return to work since. They say I have alot of scar tissue that cannot be removed. I beleive my doctors do not even want to attempt to help me any more (Maybe they think it would be admitting failure on thier part -- this is not however what I think. I just cannot understand the fact that they say "" you have had 5 back surgeries and they havent worked.. What more do you want me to do??"" I cannot believe that I will actually have to live the rest of my life in this much pain. In fact I will not live this way. I am at the end of my rope and do not know how much longer I can take this.

The problem started when?: 1993

Has patient had a scan? I have had many. The most recent one last week ( i have not gotten those results yet) The others have always shown some herniation or buldging and lots of scar tissue

Question: Do you have any suggestions??

What tests and treatment has patient had? mri,xray, myleogram, discogram, emg, steroid injections, 5 surgeries